If you give us money then it will go toward regular expenses like the mortgage, transportation, groceries, cat supplies (and medical expenses), and so on.
Hence, if you actually want us to have an item then you'll have to buy that item and give it to us (or order it for us and tell us it's coming). The best way to buy us a service is to arrange with the servicer for the thing, pay for it, and tell us what you've done.
Here's my list of desired things:
- Full-time job for T3.
- Monetary help. If you're contributing for a specific thing then please indicate such with your gift. If you don't specify then your help will likely go toward whatever is the next thing to get paid.
- Help with the mortgage
- Help with the credit card payments
- Help with transportation (credit to our ventra cards, uber gift cards for T3, Lyft gift cards for Becky)
- Help pay down the student loans
- You could buy us some of our necessities
- Groceries (delivery would be nice. We don't have a lot of time to go to the store, and carrying a lot of groceries home by hand can be unpleasant)
- Cat supplies (clumping litter, dry food)
- Bulk bathroom supplies (soap, dandruff shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.)
- Paid VPN software. https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/296955/the-best-vpn-services has a list of the top ones.
- Electric car or motorcycle. (if motorcycle then need helmet and riding leathers also)
- USB-lightning charge cords and wall plug adapters for Becky
- Queen size sheet set
- Comforters in queen or king size
- For the cats
- Upright cat scratching post or climber (at least three feet tall)
- Pet stairs for Mycroft. Our bed is about 24 inches off the ground, and my desk is about 40 inches off the ground
- Winter hat with ear flaps. Having a bill would be great too; ear flaps are the most important part
- Colleen Pinfold art print like the one in Grandma Raffensperger's bathroom
- Salad shooter (for shredding things like carrots or cheese)
- Case studies on applied operations research. Like this book - https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Markets-Water-Resources-Implementation-ebook/dp/B072HC95K2/ref=sr_1_1
- New garment bag (like for travel)
- Giordano's deep dish pizza. Note that I'm NOT asking for money to buy one. I'm asking for an actual pizza (in garlic or meat or spinach or cheese or something similar).
- If you can find a way to get one for Becky that's dairy free then that's even better.
- Barnes and Noble NOOK E-reader. I don't want or need anything fancy. Here's the main page for buying - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/nook/_/N-1pbl
- Solid color or simple pattern button down shirts.
- Long sleeve: Neck about 15-15.5 I think. Sleeves 34-35.
- Short sleeve: I prefer darker patterns, but I'll likely take what you can find.
- I'd prefer to have a single chest pocket.
- Colors like yellow, pink, dark green, brown, dark blue, or grey would be great.
- Undershirts that are black or the same color as the button down.
- Electronics repairs - Not money for them but actually calling up a local repair shop and arranging for repairs.
- Computer repairs. Laptop screen's stuck pixels, slightly off-kilter internal fan, some keys that don't work all the time.
- A mat specifically designed for standing on for long periods. I stand up to work, and the hard floor is unpleasant to my feet
- Noise-canceling headphones
- A New York Times (NYT) digital subscription
- A blender (countertop)
- Terrycloth towels - large solid color ones would be best
- Wireless mouse x2
If none of the above appeals to you then go to someone else's list and get that person something from their list. Yes I'm serious. You can tell me about it later.