This is an updated gift list as of November 12th, 2020.
I love handmade things, and I love fun surprises! I would love it if you made something just for me!
Here are some ideas:
- Decorate boxes around the size of a shoebox. Could be a great craft activity for kids.
- A 20oz mug that you personalize somehow
- Music, stories, or poetry you wrote.
- Sculptures or artwork made by you or the kids
- Textiles, knitstuff, sweaters, etc
that are here today and gone tomorrow
- Hot sauce from Soothsayer Hot Sauce or Evanston based Awe Sauce
- Soap or Body Polish from Huetzca Health
- Chocolate from Noir d'Ébène, or a donation to her GoFundMe
- Giftcard to Anticonquista Coffee (I would ask for coffee, but it isn't available yet)
- Matcha Powder
- Look Within candle from Moonstone Chandlery. Fun fact, Maureen and I share the same birthday!
- Blood Orange candle from Black Luxe Candles
- Anything Great Lakes scented by Vancouver Candle Co. (candles, diffusers etc). Per dollar of candle, bigger ones burn longer than several small ones.
Middle Sized Things
- Accessories from KFleye
- Jewellery, especially rings, from Fanta Celah
- A dust pan, such as those made by Sunhouse Craft
- Hats or anything from Flood Clothing
- A Margins Imprints moon phase or star chart print. I especially like the cobalt blue ones
- kite, (this artwork is not yet titled) by Andrew Shoemaker. He will probably know what I'm talking about if you ask and say you know me.
- A Constellation Quilt from Haptic Labs. They also have a DIY kit of you have ambition to make it (I don't).
- A giant pot (for a giant plant) from Carnevale Clay or, really, anything she makes! Her big pots can also be purchased at Cultivate in Evanston.
- A pair of “Graphite” grey linen drapes from Linoto
- Anything from Root River Baskets
- Citrus teatowels, like this lemon one from Andria Green
- decorative kitchen things with bright yellow or red designs like citrus, hot peppers, or i dunno, flowers? Think California. Or like, even Baja California & Mexico, the Mediterranean, Tunisia...really any place that is warm with nice food.
- A wall lizard that is bright and cheerful
- Gift Cards to Ikea
Subscriptions and things
- Oblation Paper's monthly letterpress greeting card subscription
- A produce delivery box with Urban Growers Collective
- Sitka Salmon and seafood delivery subscription
- Gift cards for meal kit delivery services such as Meez Meals
- Gift cards to Village Farmstand
- A toilet paper subscription delivery service such as Reel Paper or Who Gives a Crap
- A membership to Ancestry.com
- Pauline Boss's Class (I already have the book)
- Beginning Dakota Language Course at University of Minnesota, which I believe can be taken online. I already have the book Beginning Dakota -Tokaheya Dakota Iyapi Kin
If you are interested in financially donating in my name, I would be honored by gifts to the following three organizations:
- The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora
- Children’s National, workplace of Dr Packer who invented the treatment that saved Tom’s life
- An organization of your choice supporting the lives of cats with FIV and/or FeLV